Gnomes2Roam

Gnomes2Roam
My Gnomes

Friday, June 12, 2015

Cook Book

I started a new project today. I am making a cook book for someone. Well not exactly a cook book, more like a place to keep her favorite recipes and tuck spots for notes and small clippings.

I started out with 4 pages made from craft card stock 6 1/4 x 11 7/8. I scored them at 1/4, 8 1/2, 8 5/8.



I also made 4 double pockets from the same card stock 5 1/2 x 9 1/4. I scored those at 1/2, 9 then rotated the sheet 180° to score it at 2 3/4.



I used Paper Studio's Olivia's Sweet Shop and cut 8 papers 6 x 8 to cover the pages and 8 papers 2 1/2 x 8 to cover the pockets  and finally I used some scraps for the flaps, 8 of them 6 x 3. I distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz' Frayed Burlap.



I covered the pockets 1st then straddled them onto the page using the 1/2 inch on each side as a gusset. Then the page cover was added by slipping it down into the pocket and securing it in place. For this project I used Scor-Tape for most of my gluing. I did use Terrifically Tacky Tape for the pocket joins and to add the tuck spots. I will also use it later to secure the pages onto the cover.



I finished off the page with one of the 6 X 3 on each side of the flap.



All I have to do is secure the pages in the cover and add the recipe cards, maybe a few favorite recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment