Gnomes2Roam

Gnomes2Roam
My Gnomes

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Another Pocket Letter™ sent away

I seem to get a lot of Netherlanders as partners. The average postage for sending a Pocket Letter there is around $5.10. It might be because I tend to over stuff. Sometimes I have to do some fast talking to get the postmen to accept them as letters and not packages. I even have resorted to carrying an incomplete one (minus some of the goodies) to show them just what is inside my bulging envelope. Anything to save on postage.

This was a fun one to do. We had a list of certain things to include. In pocket 1 is a letter made in a little book form of onion skin and textured wall paper. Something shiny in pocket 2 is thin metal first cut to size then embossed. Something unexpected turned out to be a little sewing kit from Hancock Fabrics that fit perfectly into pocket 3. Pocket 4 holds another little book made of scrapbook papers as something to write on. In 5 an Origami paper envelope awaits tea, (to be filled in when I know what type my partner likes). To hold Washi samples in 6, I made a 2½ x 3½ card from upcycled clear acrylic packaging. The Washi does not stick to it like it would paper. 7 has a simple folio from grass cloth and 8 is a 7" piece of ribbon folded in half. The last requirement was something soft so I included a printed felt folio in pocket 9.

Pockets full of particular pieces






No comments:

Post a Comment